Location & Contact
Located in Upper Lydbrook in the Royal Forest of Dean, on the borders of Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and Monmouthshire, in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and amazing forest and river adventures. The Cottage is a few miles from Goodrich Castle, Symonds Yat, Tintern Abbey and the picturesque market towns of Monmouth & Ross on Wye. Between 10 - 20 miles, you'll discover Chepstow Castle and the Cathedral Cities of Hereford and Gloucester. Click on the icons in the Map or See More...
firstname.lastname@example.org 07949 005456
Our postcode is GL17 9SX
For more information on the activities, sites and monuments referred to below, either click on the icons in map or follow the links in 'See and Do'.
Parking & Access: - see below
On the Doorstep:
The Cottage is located in Upper Lydbrook, Gloucestershire. From here, you can walk or cycle into the spectacular and mysterious Royal Forest of Dean, discover a multitude of trails and tracks, historical sites, wander or canoe The River Wye and discover local inns and eateries.
Within a mile:
- Lydbrook Village, where you'll find a local shop, Post Office, takeaway fish & chips and 2 or 3 pubs.
Within 3-5 miles:
- Goodrich Castle, overlooking The River Wye and close to The Hostelerie Inn & Restaurant;
- Symonds Yat, with it's spectacular gorges, rapids, idyllic riverside walks, canoe hire, riverboat cruises, a rope ferry, King Arthurs Cave and many inns & cafés;
- Puzzlewood, location for Star Wars, Merlin and Dr Who, a maze of enchanting pathways and fascinating tree formations;
- Beechenhurst Visitor Centre, at the heart of the forest, a great place to start your adventure and have a picnic;
- The Speech House & Sculpture Trail, a restaurant & bar before or after discovering a unique collection of sculptures hidden throughout the forest;
- Cannop Cycle Centre - for the hire of family or off road bikes with Waymarked routes and more extreme tracks, a visitor centre and a café;
- Wye Pursuits for the hiring of canoes by the day or for a few hours;
- The historic market towns of Cinderford and Coleford.
5-10 Miles away:
- The historical and picturesque towns of Monmouth & Ross on Wye with their independent & artisan shops, pubs, cafés and restaurants;
- St Briavels Castle, built in the early 12th century, it was an important royal castle on the frontier with Wales;
- Go Ape Treetop Adventure in a beautiful forest setting for high wires and treetop adventures, and drop in to The Rising Sun Inn for a local beer and good food.
Between 10 - 20 miles away:
- Tintern Abbey, founded in the 12th Century, one of the greatest monastic ruins of Wales;
- Raglan Castle, built in the 15th Century, it still held off Oliver Cromwell’s forces in one of the last sieges of the Civil War;
- Chepstow Castle, perched on cliffs overlooking The River Wye, the oldest surviving post-Roman stone fortification in Britain;
- The Cathedral Cities of Hereford and Gloucester and their beautiful counties.
Parking & Access: There is adequate private parking for up to five cars, the cottage is accessed via a gravel drive straight on to the decking/front entrance; the decking is on two levels, the main decking leads to the front entrance and two rooms - through French Windows. The Lower decking is either accessed via steps down from the main decking or from within the Cottage. The cottage isn't suitable for wheelchair users.