The Cottage sleeps 6 people, in three bedrooms, and 2 dogs are welcome at no extra cost.
Originally built in 1850 and still retaining many original features, the Cottage has been extended and refurbished to a high standard, providing quality furnishings and décor reflecting it's traditional, rustic, nature and that of the surrounding area. You will also find a good range of facilities, including a Hot Tub & Sauna + extra touches - all designed to make you feel welcome and at home.
"Set in an idyllic location, it's a cut above the rest, with outstanding views...perfect for walking and exploring the beautiful surroundings...I couldn't recommend it highly enough." (See Full Review)
The Cottage is laid out on 5 levels, with many of the rooms opening to a huge decking area with amazing views of the Wye Valley and Black Mountains.
The decking, on two levels, has a hot tub, sauna, BBQ and table and chairs for al fresco dining, relaxing in front of the chiminea or gazing in wonder at the galaxies.
Roam, perhaps rest awhile, in the large rustic garden; regularly visited by pheasants and home to many species of birds, rabbits, other wildlife. You’ll feel secluded in this Forest retreat; a home from home where you can relax after a day’s activities in the forest, at Symonds Yat, elsewhere on the River Wye or further afield to the 'Three Choirs' Cathedral Cities of Gloucester, Hereford and Worcester.
The nearest pub is a few minutes walk, it's a 3 minute drive to a shop/post office and there's a good selection of pubs, eateries and restaurants within 15 minutes.
"The cottage is very cosy, we liked the extra touches such as the garden uplighting into the trees and the constant stream of wild birds...It is well equipped...Vinyl records and a fantastic sound system... A truly amazing and magical place" (See the Full Reviews)
- Kingsize Bedroom with en-suite shower/toilet, Double Bedroom and 3rd Bedroom with comfy adult size bunk beds* - all with amazing views;
- Modern family bathroom with power shower and downstairs cloakroom/toilet;
- Traditional and very well equipped kitchen with range cooker, dishwahser and washing machine;
- Shabby Chic Dining Room, which comfortable sits 6 people, opening to decking and more views! * The Bunk Beds can be separated into single beds; we also have a good quality guest bed available
- Large comfortable lounge with surround sound system & Log Fire;
- Cosy day/sun room opening to decking with Hot Tub & dramatic views of the Wye Valley;
- Study/Reading Room with beautiful antique desk, library chair & grandfather clock - also with great views;
- Large rustic garden, home to many wild birds including pheasants and the occasional deer.
A Home away from Home
- Hot Tub and Sauna integrated into double level decking;
- Free wifi and free access to landline phone;
- 3 flat screen TVs;
- Surround sound music system and Bluetooth speakers;
- CD, 'Firestick', 2 DVD Players and library of Movies;
- Large decking with table for al fresco dining;
- BBQ and Chiminea;
- Hairdyers, dishwasher and washing machine (iron & ironing board);
- Off road parking for 3 vehicles and covered area to store bikes/cycles.
Added at no extra cost to make your stay delightful and relaxed
- To welcome you, there'll be fruit juice, cookies, tea, coffee and semi skimmed milk;
- Electricity, Heating and welcome stack of logs for the fire and chiminea;
- A dogs welcome pack: bowels, treats, towels and poo bags;
- Toiletries, towels and bed linen;
- Washing liquid and powder & tea towels.