The Cottage sleeps six and we welcome 2 dogs at no extra cost. Built in 1850's, it has been extended to a high standard, with quality furnishings and décor reflecting it's traditional, rustic nature. As well as a Hot Tub & Sauna, there's a good selection of facilities & extra touches - all designed to make you feel welcome and at home.
More info below...
“Idyllic location with outstanding views...perfect for exploring the beautiful surroundings...highly recommend." (See Full Review)
The Cottage is on 5 levels, with many of the rooms opening to a huge decking area with amazing views of the Wye Valley and Black Mountains.
The decking, on two levels, has a hot tub, sauna, BBQ and table and chairs for al fresco dining, relaxing in front of the chiminea or gazing in wonder at the galaxies.
Roam, perhaps rest awhile, in the large rustic garden; regularly visited by pheasants and home to many species of birds, rabbits, other wildlife. You’ll feel secluded in this forest retreat; a home from home where you can relax after a day’s activities in the forest, at Symonds Yat, elsewhere on the River Wye or further afield to the 'Three Choirs' Cathedral Cities of Gloucester, Hereford and Worcester.
The nearest pub is a few minutes walk, it's a 3 minute drive to a shop/post office and there's a good selection of pubs, eateries and restaurants within 15 minutes.
"Very cosy with extra touches like the lighting in the garden & trees…a constant stream of wild birds...well equipped...vinyl records and a fantastic sound system... a truly amazing and magical place" (See the Full Reviews)
- Kingsize Bedroom with en-suite shower/toilet, Double Bedroom and 3rd Bedroom with comfy adult size bunk beds* - all with amazing views;
- Modern family bathroom with power shower and downstairs cloakroom/toilet;
- Traditional and very well equipped kitchen with range cooker, fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwahser and washing machine;
- Shabby Chic Dining Room, which comfortable sits 6 people, opening to decking and more views! * We also have a good quality guest bed available
- Large comfortable lounge with surround sound system & Log Fire;
- Cosy day/sun room opening to decking with Hot Tub & dramatic views of the Wye Valley;
- Study/Reading Room with beautiful antique desk, library chair & grandfather clock - also with great views;
- Large rustic garden, home to many wild birds including pheasants and the occasional deer.
A Home away from Home
- Hot Tub and Sauna integrated into double level decking;
- Free wifi and free access to landline phone;
- 3 flat screen TVs;
- Surround sound music system and Bluetooth speakers;
- CD, 'Firestick', 2 DVD Players and library of Movies;
- Large decking with table for al fresco dining;
- BBQ and Chiminea;
- Hairdyers, dishwasher and washing machine (iron & ironing board);
- Off road parking for 3 vehicles and covered area to store bikes/cycles.
Added at no extra cost to make your stay delightful and relaxed
- To welcome you, there'll be wine and cookies; we'll also leave a good supply of breakfast and fruit teabags, ground coffee and sugar;
- Electricity, Heating and welcome stack of logs for the fire and chiminea;
- Dog bowels and treats;
- Toiletries, towels and bed linen;
- Washing up liquid, washing powder & tea towels.